Teen Yoga with Angel (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
4/27 Saturday 2:30-4p Teen Yoga with Angel $20
Practicing yoga is great strategy teens can use to not only reduce stress but also improve their self-esteem, flexibility, and posture. Yoga can help teens mentally focus on the task at hand. By practicing living in the moment on the mat, teenagers can more fully concentrate on the present moment off the mat.
The physical benefits of teen yoga are vast and include:
* Builds strength of muscles and bones
* Increases muscle flexibility and mobility
* Helps improve posture through healthy movement patterns and ideal posture alignment
* Assists in development of coordination and balance
* Develops skills to relax and breath control awareness.
These physical benefits are valuable to teens and yoga instills a fit and healthy lifestyle in them while they are still young. While these physical benefits are great, teens also need methods to channel their mental barriers. Balancing the stresses of school, a social life, peer pressures, and other daily demands can be very challenging for teens. Yoga is a healthy way to work out these pressures.
Some of the mental benefits of teen yoga include:
* Learning techniques to manage stress by redirecting thoughts and calming the nervous system
* Improves decision making by teaching teens to make choices that respect themselves and others
* Develops concentration skills by finding the ability to focus through breath and bodywork
* Helps provide a healthy body image by providing a strengthened internal perspective
* Helps strengthen self-image/self-esteem in a place free from media and other cultural influences
* Assists in learning to manage stress/anxiety/depression by providing a healthy way to explore the body and mind.
*PLEASE PAY & PRE-REGISTER
*MINIMUM 5 PRE-REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS TO HOLD EVENT
- Teen Yoga with Angel$20$200$0