Updated: May 23, 2020
by Anya Willis
Families nationwide are stuck at home with antsy children and frustrated parents. Until restrictions are loosened enough to return to regular activities, finding a way to keep everyone moving and burning off excess energy is a challenge. With a little creativity, however, you can tap into a variety of activities to guarantee everyone is worn out.
Indoor Home Activities
● Consider a family sweat session with circuit training.
● Introduce your kids to safe strength training.
● Freshen up your home gym or create one.
● Look to online yoga classes so everyone can flow.
● Try other online exercise classes to get everyone moving.
● Install a pullup bar and introduce daily challenges.
Outdoor Home Activities
● Create the ultimate backyard obstacle course
● Set up a backyard volleyball net and break into teams.
● Encourage outdoor activity with a backyard playground.
● Plan a water balloon fight.
● Get into the dirt and start a family garden.
It’s easy to find new ways to boost movement. And if you build physical activity into everyone’s daily routine, you set the stage for a healthy habit to take root. Being stuck at home doesn’t mean you all have to be stuck in a rut, so get creative to get moving.